FIFA World Cup Germany 2006

The FIFA World Cup 2006 was the most exciting and brilliant tournament in football history: passion, accion and goals. Get all the reports, matches, news, photos and videos every minute. Germany 2006 is here!

HOME             PHOTO GALLERY              STADIUMS              GROUPS & SCHEDULE              LATEST NEWS


Sunday, December 04, 2005

Pires wants to be in World Cup

Share |

Arsenal midfielder Robert Pires, wnat to be part of the France squad for next year's World Cup. That's why he said on Sunday he has apologised to coach Raymond Domenech for his behaviour.

Pires, who was world champion with France in 1998, criticised manager Domenech in an interview with France Football magazine last year. He has not been nominated by Domenech since a World Cup qualifier in Cyprus in October 2004.

"I had a conversation with the coach a few days ago. I wanted to apologise," he told French television channel TF1.

"I said things during a bad period in my life but I never wanted to hurt the squad," he added.

"He (Domenech) did not ask me to apologise."

Pires said he was inspired by English-based France rugby international Thomas Castaignede, who made his return to the French squad in October after a lengthy absence.

"Thomas Castaignede's return gives me a lot of hope. Actually he is the one who told me to talk to the coach," Pires said.

"I still believe I can make it for the 2006 World Cup."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home